Village Code Enforcement Office
Tim Nolan, Village Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 315-386-2871 ext. 9210; Fax: 315-386-1361
- Village of Canton Code
- NEW – Canton Village Code Chapter 325 Zoning Law 11 28 2021 ADOPTED
- Village Of Canton Zoning Map ADOPTED
- Village of Canton Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Village of Canton Building Permit Application
Building Permit Applications:
Blank Village Building Permit applications may be downloaded and printed from the link above or picked up at the Village Code Enforcement Office or Village Clerk’s Office. Completed Building Permits can be dropped off in the Village Clerk’s Offices, or mailed to:
Canton Village Code Enforcement
60 Main Street, Canton, New York 13617
- Building Permit Applications MUST be submitted prior to commencement of work. Upon issuance of permit, the applicant must contact the Code Enforcement Officer upon completion of each stage of work and for final inspection.
- A permit is valid for 12 months and must be renewed if the work is not completed within that time.
- Applications for residential structures over 1500 sq. ft. and all commercial projects require New York State engineered drawings.
Other Village and Town applications, permits, and forms available here.