Town Code Enforcement Office
Michael McQuade, Town Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 315-714-3659 (Office); 315-244-0600 (Cell)
- Town of Canton Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Building Guide for Decks & Porches
- Building Guide for Garage
- Building Guide for Home Additions
- Building Guide for Pole Barns
- Occupancy Requirement
Town Building Permit applications are also available to be picked up at Town Code Enforcement Office or the Town Clerk’s Office.
Building Permit Applications MUST be submitted prior to commencement of work. Upon issuance of permit, the applicant must contact the Code Enforcement Officer upon completion of each stage of work and for final inspection.
A permit is valid for 12 months and must be renewed if the work is not completed within that time.
Applications for residential structures over 1500 sq. ft. and all commercial projects require New York State engineered drawings
To streamline the Town of Canton’s permitting and complaint processes, residents, businesses, and contractors now have the ability to submit permit applications, request inspections, and file complaints anytime anywhere through Citizen Portal. Questions, please contact the Code Enforcement Office
- Town of Canton Zoning Code
- Town of Canton Zoning Map
- Town of Canton Complaint Form
- Canton Planning Board Application
- Area Variance Application
- Application Of A Use Variance
- Application To ZBA For An Interpretation, Findings, And Decision
- Zoning Checklist
- Agricultural Data Statement
Other Village and Town applications, permits, and forms available here.