Code Enforcement Office
Town Code Enforcement Office
Phone: 315-714-3659 (Office); 315-244-0600 (Cell)
Tim Nolan, Village Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: 315-386-2871 x 9210
Town Code Enforcement:
- Town of Canton Code
- Town of Canton Zoning Map
- Town of Canton Burning Permit
- Town of Canton Manufactured Homes Permit Requirements
- Town of Canton Building Permit Fee Schedule
Village Code Enforcement:
Building Permit Applications:
Blank Village/Town Building Permit applications may be dowloaded and printed from this link, picked up at the Village or Town Code Enforcement Offices or the Town and Village Clerk’s Offices. Completed Building Permits can be dropped off in the Town or Village Clerk’s Offices, or mailed to:
Canton Code Enforcement
60 Main Street, Canton, New York 13617
- Building Permit Applications MUST be submitted prior to commencement of work. Upon issuance of permit, the applicant must contact the Code Enforcement Officer upon completion of each stage of work and for final inspection.
- A permit is valid for 12 months and must be renewed if the work is not completed within that time.
- Applications for residential structures over 1500 sq. ft. and all commercial projects require New York State engineered drawings.
All other Village and Town applications, permits, and forms available here.