|Take some time to feel the spirit and get your business and community involved in hosting athletes, visitors, media and more from around the world to Canton and Potsdam for preliminary hockey games of the 2023 FISU World University Games in January 2023!
Get started here and reach out to your community leaders to for more on plans to create a Festival Village!
Opportunities For Businesses are organized by the Lake Placid Business Association, for host community businesses to embrace: https://lakeplacidbusinessassociation.com/lp23/
1) Order a complimentary Official Games Poster to display in your business
· The Adirondacks Sports Council is providing all local businesses with a framed copy of the official games poster to display in their place of business
· Contact: The Bookstore Plus, 2491 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946, (518) 523-2950, email@example.com
2) If you are a Craft Beverage Producer or bar/restaurant, sign up for the Pint Glass Scavenger Hunt
· In partnership with the New York State Brewer’s Association, a set of 6 Games themed pint glasses have been created. Chris Ericson, President of the Brewer’s Association, is coordinating with breweries in the three regions where the Games are being held to ask them to include one of their brews in the promotion. They will then invite the bars and restaurants that serve the selected local brews to participate. When a customer orders a beer from a participating brewery, they get to keep the commemorative glass. The goal is too collect all five.
· If you are interested in taking part in the pint glass scavenger hunt, please contact Chris Ericson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Adopt a delegation and make your business front embrace that nation!
· We are inviting all local businesses to adopt a delegation for the Lake Placid 2023 FISU World University Games. This might include flying that delegation’s flag outside of your business, decorating your establishment to represent that delegation, to offer specials or promotions themed to that delegation, or any other idea that you come up with.
· To adopt a delegation, please fill out a form with your top three choices. While we hope everyone gets their first choice, we want to include as many delegations as possible. Form HERE (Ignore the asterisks, as they apply to Lake Placid)
· See what teams will be playing in Canton and Potsdam – and get your tickets while you’re at it! HERE
4) Provide incentives to be included in the volunteer packages
· There will be many volunteers who are generously donating their time to make the 2023 FISU World University Games a success and to positively represent our communities to visitors. To thank them for their time and work, we would like to offer them a menu of offers from local businesses.
· If you would like to participate, please fill out a form. You do not need to provide specifics of your offer now; we are just seeking to get a measure of interest and the types of promotions that businesses might offer. Form HERE
· If you would like to be included in the ‘voucher program’, officials will be provided with meal tickets that can be used at your place. You will then submit for payment.
· Contact Logan Reynolds at email@example.com
· 230 volunteers are needed for the Canton/Potsdam Games alone, with many more for the Lake Placid and Gore locations. Submit a form as soon as possible Form HERE
· If you have a group who would like to volunteer together, contact Bethany Valenze at Bethany.Valenze@lakeplacid2023.com
· She will create a code for your group so that you can work shifts together, if that is desired. *Each volunteer will have to fill out an individual registration.*
7) Get informed and share with your employees and guests:
· Print, read and review these talking points. We will update this as more details come along. Open File.
8) Follow the Games and share the excitement on Facebook and Instagram
For more information about the games: https://www.lakeplacid2023.com/