PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the regular meeting of the Village of Canton Board of Trustees for the month of November 2020 will be held on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 6:30pm.
Prior to the regular meeting, the Canton Village Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, commencing at 6:20pm, to consider variance requests for signs proposed for the McDonald’s Restaurant, to be constructed at 111 East Main Street (Tax Parcel #88.036-4-2.1) in the Village of Canton, New York. The property is located in the C-2 (General Commercial) District. The following variances are requested:
- The first request is for a free standing sign having 68 square feet in area and a height of 25 feet above ground level. This request is a variance from Village Code §264-6(B), which permits a freestanding sign not exceeding 32 square feet in area and a height not exceeding 12 feet above ground level.
- The second request is for permission to install 5 wall signs, including 2 “arch” signs and 3 McDonald’s signs. This request is a variance from Village Code §264-6(C), which permits one sign on the front wall of a building, and Village Code §264-6(D), which permits one sign on the rear or side wall of any building abutting a parking area or public way.
- The third item requested is permission for the “arch” wall signs to be 3.5 feet in height. This request is a variance from Village Code §264-6(C) and §264-6(D), which provide that wall signs shall not exceed 2.5 feet in height.
Both the public hearing and the Board’s regular monthly meeting will be conducted by use of Zoom video-conference, as authorized by Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.1 and subsequent extensions including Executive Order 202.72. The public is invited to view or listen to the public hearing and meeting, and to comment during each, by any of the following means:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83636210658?pwd=VHNiK21HRGhPdjdmY1grSDE3VkdRUT09 •Meeting ID: 836 3621 0658
- Passcode: 115724
- One tap mobile: +16465588656,,83636210658#,,,,,,0#,,115724# US (New York) •Dial by your location: +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kc03sH2JfX
- The link is also available at www.cantonny.gov.
Public comments may also be submitted via email addressed to Mayor Michael Dalton at MDalton@cantonny.gov or by regular mail addressed to the Mayor at 60 Main Street, Canton, New York 13617, to be received by 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, which will be made part of the record of the public hearing and meeting.
DATED: November 6, 2020
Sally Noble, Canton Village Clerk
Last modified: November 9, 2020